Sunday 9 August 2015

Nagoya Omotenashi Busho-tai @ EXPO 2015

Yesterday was the last day of the Festival of Aichi and Nagoya in Milan (あいち・なごやフェア in ミラノ), an event of the Japanese Pavillion during Expo 2015.
Among various shows to promote the culture and treasures of Aichi prefecture, was the exhibition of the Nagoya Omotenashi Busho-tai (名古屋おもてなし武将隊), the "Promotional Army" of Nagoya featuring the most prominent historical figures of the prefecture, among which was our favourite, Nobunaga!
I was lucky enough to attend the event with a friend, and so are a few pictures of the Devil King & Co.!

The above pictures were taken by and with my friend Matteo, who graciously allowed me to share them with you ^^

--And here are my modest shots, that I hope make justice to the glory of Nobu (and his great reenactor):








I'm really glad that I had the chance to see these boys in real life, as I missed their exhibition during my last trip to Nagoya, and the fact that Italy was their first destination outside of Japan (I think?) makes me extremely proud :D

By the way, before reaching for Milan, the first stop of the Busho-tai was Turin for the Nagoya Day, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the twinning between the two cities.
I got to find a videoclip of the show on Youtube, the dance was pretty much the same for the event in Milan, so you can get an idea!
Matteo took videos too, whenever they'll be available I'll make sure to share them with you on these pages ^^

3 comments:

  1. Bahahah! I often see this guys on Youtube. You're lucky you get to see them for real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, when I went to Nagoya I missed their exhibition, it was wonderful compensation that I could see them here in Italy XD --My devotion for Nobu got through, ahahah XD

      Delete
  2. Who are the other historical gents? Apart from the two ashigaru. I'm sure I should recognize the other two gentlemen, but they aren't so immediately identifiable to me as Nobunaga!

    ReplyDelete